Here's what you need to get your Washington Real Estate license
The information below is a summary of the minimum requirements set forth by the Washington State Department of Licensing. For a more detailed requirements breakdown, please see the board's site.
If you hold Real Estate licenses in multiple states, please make sure to check each state's requirements.
To qualify for a managing broker’s license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Provide proof you have at least 3 years of full-time experience as an active real estate broker, or other qualifying experience as described in WAC 308-124A-713.
- Successfully complete 90 hours of approved real estate education within 3 years before applying for the exam.
- This education must include:
- 30 hours of brokerage management
- 30 hours of business management
- 30 hours of advanced real estate law
- Pass the managing broker’s Exam.
Rosters are submitted electronically to PSI/AMP every day.
Note: This license renewal information is provided as a convenience only and is subject to change at any time. It's ultimately the responsibility of the licensee to be sure that he or she is meeting all requirements for each license and corresponding renewal period.